The Adamstown Subdivision Historic District consists of 76 properties,
and all remain standing. Architectural styles include American
Foursquare, Colonial Revival, Queen Anne, and vernacular variations of
the Bungalow. The buildings were built between 1910 and 1945, and the
district retains a good to high level of architectural integrity.
The district encompasses buildings from Euclid Ave, East Lake and Marne
Roads, and East 7th and Bacon Streets. It is bounded by the south side
of East Lake Road on the north, the rear lot lines on the west side of
Bacon Street on the west, the north side of East 7th Street on the
south, and the rear lot lines of the east side of Euclid Street. The
buildings consist primarily of single family detached residences.
The earlier sections of the Adamstown Subdivision Historic District
contain the buildings along East Lake Road and Bacon Street. They
consist of Queen Anne, Bungalow, and American Foursquare styles. Along
6th and 7th streets are the houses that are one and one-half story,
gable roofed, and in Cape Cod style. The Colonial Revival Edison School
on East Lake Road is the main anchor of the Adamstown Subdivision. It
became eligible for the National Register of Historic Places in 1995.